Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kenwood Russian River Pinot Noir 2009

Pinot Noir is just the best isn't it? I'd drink daily if I could, but let's face it, it's cost prohibitive. Good Pinot in my cellar runs $40 plus per bottle. I really wanted to find a daily drinker Pinot but hadn't until now found one I liked.

Kenwood's 2009 Pinot Noir Russian River now fills my void. This is a full, somewhat spicy and fruity wine that has a bit of complexity. This impresses me as a bottle which should be over $20, but it's quite a bit less than that.

10% of the grapes went through fermentation in stainless, and all of it saw 11 months in "newer" oak. Not bad for a sub-$15 bottle! Thus, we purchases a case.

From Kenwood's notes:

"Sixty-two percent of the grapes were grown on estate vineyards. A small amount of Syrah was added to the final blend to supply additional body and complexity."

"This vintage of our Pinot Noir serves up a delicious array of cherry and fresh fruit flavors, combined with spicy notes and smooth tannins that make for an exceptionally enjoyable wine."


T-Scale 89 points. Cellartracker community average - 89.9. Price $13.99 per bottle. Hot deal for daily drinking Pinot Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment