Monday, December 21, 2009

Rosenblum Cellars Fess Parker Vineyard Roussanne 2007

I visited a local wine merchant and found this little number on sale at half price. The only other domestic Roussanne I've tried was the dynamite Zaca Mesa Santa Barbara County offering, so I figured, why not.

Great deal! Nice light honey nectar nose with some of the feel of a Cotes-du-Rhône - no surprise as Roussanne hails from that area. This, one like most American versions of Roussanne, yield honey and pear in the middle with a slightly oily finish on the tongue.

This is one to add to your short list of nice inexpensive whites to serve with dinner or at social gatherings. Not a bad idea for a Christmas white! I'll be serving it to my guests.

T-Scale - 90! I bought it for.... $8.99 a bottle!!! Yeah, that's half price, but I'd pay full boat for this one. Compare to the Zaca Mesa which scored 90 points in Wine Enthusiast but costs $25.00. I've been to both vineyards, and they're neighbors (both on Foxen Canyon Road in Los Olivos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment