Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Justin sauvignon blanc 2007

I've started a new quest to find great sauvignon blancs to compare with my so-far-favorite from Alpha Omega. I've had some fume blancs and Loire River offerings but the quest continues.

Enter Justin's contender. I tasted this at the source and was moderately pleased. I had another this week and liked it better. At $17.99, it's priced well and offers the best qualities of a sauv-blanc like a grassy nose, high citrus tongue with a medium alcohol tingle. It finishes well, but not as well as the Alpha Omega.

The Justin is a good way to venture into the world's most popular white wine. What? Did you think it was chardonnay? Surprise! My local sommelier informs me the contrary. Sauvignon is king and to my taste, it deserves the crown for whites.

The Justin is a good way to get into the California style of fume/sauvignons. Try also offerings from New Zealand, Australia, Bordeaux, or South Africa. Every one is different. I've never know a more versatile grape, really!

T-Scale 88. Good price but I've had comparable offering for less $$$. I've had better but they'll cost more.

No comments:

Post a Comment