Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dusted Valley 2006 cabernet sauvignon

First enjoyed at my local regular tasting, I purchased this one last night and savored it with grilled pork and baked beans. Need a large cab to carry you over the bold flavors of bbq beans? This one is fruit forward, dusty, and a bit sour on the tongue. It is young, but bold.. hedonistic, actually.

I don't see this holding up in your cellar, but if you want one ready to unscrew (yep, no cork here) this is a great choice! Ready now to pour and enjoy. Great for steaks, pork, and other meaty entrées or just as a stand-alone. I wouldn't recommend this as your first bottle.. make it the last of the evening. This one is likely to dominate the evening.

In sum, a large, bold Washington cab with big fruit, oak, and a bit of citrus. Good all around and fairly priced at $24.99. T-Scale - 90. I'm not sure how many cases were produced as the vinter's website is of little use. I believe this is a blend, but again, I can't find that info from the vinter. If you find it, email me troopint@gmail.com and clue me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment