Thursday, October 8, 2009

Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee zinfandel

Four Vines make one of my favorite zinfandels, Biker. So when I saw the Old Vine Cuvee at the local shop for... $10.99 I was curious.

We visited Four Vines in Paso Robles during our epic trip in August. I got to taste many of their offerings at that time. Since then, I've made "Biker" my house zin. Call the cuvee Biker's little brother.

Cuvee has the big zin pepper and alcohol up front. Big dark red color and feel, but less of the "fruit bomb" one gets from Biker. Long finish, but not sweet. Air and time out of the bottle does good things to cuvee as well. Consider decanting if you chose to open it now.

Overall, super good value at this price. You shall NOT find a better zin for this price. But, I'd invest a few dollars more and get the Biker ($22.00) or perhaps the 7 Deadly Zins from Lodi at $15.99 and get one that's a step up.

T-Scale - 87+

It's a big value at this price and it's available locally. Look for this vineyard from the Central Coast. Four Vines will soon be high priced, so try it now before you have to pay up to saddle up.
See also my review on Biker.

No comments:

Post a Comment