Monday, May 3, 2010

Bernardus Ingrid's Vineyard Chardonnay - 2005

I enjoyed two monumental chardonnays this weekend, the first being this the 2005 Bernardus Ingrid's Vineyard Chardonnay. I obtained this from the source in Carmel Valley in August at a bonus half-off rate. I checked their website today and saw this vintage is now sold out... too bad for me.

This instantly gets promoted to my top five chards of all time. This has the nose of white Burgundy with the full roundness of the Talbot and Landmarks. Very full bodied with no oak on the tongue. Some malolactic fermentation sensed, but not overly so. Figs, butterscotch and pears with some citrus throughout. Lasting nice nice finish makes this a complete wine.

This is not available outside of the winery unfortunately. The regular offering from Bernardus is however. The current vintage of Ingrid's Vineyard is priced at $50 per bottle. Not cheap, but far better than most. Consider this your "I deserve this" white for that special occasion. I've had maybe two I like better and they fetch about the same price.

T-Scale 92. I would rate it higher, but you can't get it. Even if you could, you would pay a premium for it. This is a top-five chardonnay!

No comments:

Post a Comment