Monday, November 9, 2009

Cline "Live Oak" zinfandel 2007 Contra Coasta County

I've been drinking more zinfandel lately. Zinfandel, more than most other grapes, has such small subtleties making each wine maker's offering different than the other. I've had many in past year thus making my scrutiny much tougher on zins than most everything else.

So here is the Cline "Live Oak" zin. I tasted two other Cline zins (Bridgehead and Big Break) during the same sitting and it was hard to choose between them. Live Oak, however, is the roundest of the three, possessing all of the desirable traits I like in zin.

Green pepper and grilled asparagus on the nose. Huge fruit and a little bit of the sting on the tongue from the black pepper you expect. The dark fruit keeps coming throughout making for a pleasurable long finish. Nice and refined, not too much zip, not flat either.

T-scale 92, great value at $19.99! In my top 10 zins easily, especially at this price. This could be your house zin!

No comments:

Post a Comment