Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Four Vines "Biker" zinfandel 2006


We were introduced to Biker at the Ballard Inn during our stay in the Santa Ynez valley. Oh my, this was the first of the great zins that would follow over the next ten days.

My first taste of the great Dusi ranch zins, this thing is a casual stroll through the vineyard with pleasing notes and flavors beginning, middle and end. Super finish unlike some zins that sting you on the way out. This one will hold up to bbq, heavy meats and red sauce pastas. But it shines as a stand alone winner on its own.

Enthusiast gave it 92. I concur. Make that 92+ as I can actually find this locally without too much trouble. Crypes, I even found it in Clear Lake, Iowa at a kickin' wine shop named Back Alley Wine. They are on Facebook, how about that? I am now a fan. My Iowa peoples should befriend them ASAP.

T-scale 92+ (fab everything plus is available outside of Paso Robles!)

No comments:

Post a Comment