Sunday, September 20, 2009

Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sonoma 2007


Like a big cab but don't like to spend big $$$? Yeah me too. I want a large cabernet sauvignon from time to time but really don't want to pull from the cellar or invest a chunk of my retirement to get it. So it's time to look for that bargain cab with the big feel.

Fortunately, there's a lot of inexpensive cabs out there. Unfortunately, not many are big and wonderful, rather they are watery, young, and blah.

So, I went with Louis Martini's Sonoma cab 2007 which reviewed at 90 points with Parker and high 80's most everywhere else. Hey, it's pretty good!

Good oaky feel with high dark fruits. High dollar nose with nice balance. This would would cellar, but heck just drink it now. Spectator says, "Tight, chewy and earthy. Full-bodied and complex, offering a mix of earthy currant, anise and dried berry fruit." Agreed.

T-scale 89+
It's readily available and I got it on sale at $15.99 locally. I would consider a case of this one. Deal price with big taste and feel. Serve it to your guests and don't be ashamed you spent small money. I've had big money cabs I liked less.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, it was ok but I'm not with you on buying a case of it. For the money it is a very good cab. But there are a lot of other (better) cabs out there.

    ReplyDelete