Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Blanc rose 2008


Still haven't tried rose? Not since you've been left flat by the sweet and semi-sweet swill so called "white" zinfandels? Now is the time to leave your fears behind. If you haven't noticed, I'm a pink advocate, this being the third rose I've reviewed.

Guess what, it's cabernet sauvignon. How bad can it be right? Well it's good. It's really good. On the nose, it's more red than white. Close your eyes and detect that green pepper, flower, and strawberry nose. Upon tasting, you get some tart cranberries and strawberries. Finish smooth like a Cotes de Province or the Cherub I reviewed a while back.

Bonus, this one is readily available at many of my favorite spots around town. This is the first South African wine I would make a regular bottle around my cellar. Fun! Drink it now. Chill it a little bit, but not too much. It likes to wake up from a chill and satisfy. Cool it somewhere between your regular reds and your chards, say 62 degrees maybe?

Good deal too! $15.00

T-Scale 89. Availability - good! Outstanding bottle for the money. Get a few, serve them while you sit outside on your deck.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, As you said, make this a regular bottle in your cellar. I completely agree. Lovely wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a renewed interest in rose ever since I attended an all dry rose tasting about a year ago. Europe has always loved pinks, but the US is hesitant. You will see more pink in the near future now that Argentina and Chile imports it. Just spread the word, it is NOT white zin!!!

    ReplyDelete